Pillsbury Senior Communities is looking for a Full Time Cook to join our team at our St. Albans, VT location. Our mission is to make a difference in the changing lives of seniors by providing a safe homelike community with a compassionate and caring staff. We pride ourselves on the astounding food options and dining service we provide. The ideal candidate will be a creative, detail oriented multi-tasker with great oral and written communication skills. This position can be a great entrance into other food and beverage roles.
Responsible for the daily operations of the kitchen and provides professional leadership and direction to kitchen personnel. PSC Cooks provide a delightful dining experience for our residents by preparing high quality meals. Cleanliness of the food service area and equipment is top priority in this position. The Cook’s responsibility will include maintenance of a safe work environment and proper food and supply storage.
- Professional cooking and knife handling skills as evidenced by a degree from an accredited culinary school or a combination of job experience and professional advancement in kitchen positions
- Professional in appearance and work habits
- Ability to work as part of a team inside and out of the kitchen
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Strong oral and written communication skills and ability to follow written or verbal orders
- Oversight of food preparation
- Food production for 60 – 200 residents
- Maintains daily food production sheet
- Management of line staff and dishwashers
- Maintain quality standards and production levels
- Periodic inspections of kitchen areas to review/correct areas of safety and sanitary concerns
- Ensure kitchen safety and sanitation by cleaning, maintenance and temperature schedules
- Understanding of therapeutic diets and works with requests from the dietician to ensure diet orders are followed accurately
- Ability to work in co-operation with nursing staff to accommodate residents with specific dietary changes
- Ability to participate in public food meetings to discuss menu and food specifics
- Even temperament to deal directly with seniors who often come into the kitchen
- Exhibit tact, courtesy and ability to concentrate and complete tasks despite interruptions.
- 90% of the time standing often in a hot and humid kitchen
- Must be able to carry loads of 25lbs comfortably
- Must be able to lift and carry 35lbs for 50ft
- Must be able to squat for cleaning purposes for 60 seconds
- Must be able to maintain overhead reach for 90 seconds for cleaning or rearranging stock
- Must be able to Lift 25lbs out of trash can
- Must be able to lift 20lbs from floor to shelves
- Ability to use knife proficiently and for long periods of time
The above job description is designed to give an overview of the tasks and responsibilities for this position. Pillsbury Senior Communities will however evolve and grow over time to meet company and market demands. The selected individual will be expected to embrace such changes and rise to the challenge of developing their skills over time.
For more information please call 802-752-2100 or email email@example.com
“Since our first visit , we have been impressed with the attentiveness, the caring, the friendliness and respectful attitude of staff, at all levels.”Read more testimonials